1. Research states that learning how to listen, understand, and playing the musis does have great value and can be achieved through guidance and effort however, not always is someone their to help. I think music lets kids be free in their unique way and lets them express who they are. It gives them a chance to really have fun while learning. Music can enhance other subjects as well if students are having difficulties in a certain area.
2. Four strong biological roots are:
a. animals would have fundamental abilities in music.
b. biological behaviors are universal. music may vary across cultures, music is ever present.
c. biological behaviors are often revealed early in life, before cultural factors influence and change behavior.
d. we might expect the human brain to be organized to process musical activites
3. PLaying music makes the synapses grow stronger because they believe that it increases the brain's capacity by increases the strengths of connections among neurons.
4. According to the author, music does help improve reading comprhension because pitch awareness helps students to be able to sound words. In my opinion, I think music does help comprehension because you have to learn the song and how it goes with the pitches. Also, if they play an insturment or sing, they have to start remembering the words if they have a concert or a program coming up, so in a sort of way it does help. Maybe not to the extenses that researchers want it to.
5. Overall in this article, I never realized how important music was to younger children. I knew it had a huge impact, but reading about how it makes the brain work, helps comprehension, all the biological facotrs, and hand eye coordination, makes me really believe that music is a huge part in education. I always loved music class because it was a time to not learn in that same way. I alwasy thought of it as a break from learning, but children really learn in this class and they dont even realize it. The article was a great learning experience for me.
About Me
- Victoria
- Richmond, IL
- Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment