About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Musical Background

Hey There!
If you haven't read from my other blogs, my name is Victoria. I live in a small town called Richmond, IL but before I moved there, I lived in Antioch, IL about 15 minutes away. I grew up there with my father and brother. And then my dad met my step mother and got married when i was in 6th grade. I love to stay busy. If i wasnt playing basketball, I was singing and doing things in my choir. When i was freshman in highschool I performed in the show choir and participated in Solo and Ensemble Contests. I also participated in the Big Northern Conference, which was a whole bunch of high school choir groups come together as one to make one big chorus. It was one fascinating experience. I loved it because our choir was so small, that it was so amazing to hear such a gigantic group come together. We also sang the national anthem before sport games either as groups or solos or small ensembles. Other then choir, i was in class council for four years, and my senior year as vice president. Helping our class host certain events, plan prom, other fundraisers, senior t shirts and senior picnics. I got close with people from planning and running errands with these groups. In my spare time out side of school, i held a few jobs either busing or hostessing, and working my local taco bell. I became a team trainer there, and i love it. I have made some great friends and co workers through my jobs that I wouldn't trade for the world. Some other activites that dont include work and just hanging out would be I'm really into cars and mostly trucks. I like jacked up trucks, country music, going mudding, four wheeling and getting dirty. Or just cruising around with all the guys. I hang out with alot of guys at home, because they are alot more fun.

Speaking of country music, music is a major party of my life. I have been in music class since kindergarten and have been in chorus for 6 1/2 years. I have sang many different genres of songs. Jazz, hip hop, traditional, christmas, pop, or classical and any others you can think of. I think music is a major part of my life because I confide in some of the lyrics. I find I relate to lyrics alot and use them as my life, or helps me through different problems whether it be boy problems, family problems, school or anything. I love how it relates to me and such a relief that someone else is thinking the same thing. I listen to music when I clean, get ready, in the car. I always have to have music on, and I most likely know the lyrics and singing along to them.

I think music activities and music have a very great impact on children today. It helps children learn about each other, get comfortable in the class, and brings everyone closer. I remember when I was younger I was shy, but going to music classs helped. Also, if they're playing different instruments they learn to play together and also sharing. They have to share the instruments and different parts. Like if some children are playing instruments, others will have sing. It also helps them do other activites, say sharing, old mcdonald you learn the sounds of animals, etc. It has a major impact on little children not just independently but socially.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    Welcome to MUSC373. It's so good to know that music is an important part of your life. Hope you'll enjoy the class this semester.
    Have a good semester,
    jc

    ReplyDelete