About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Assignment # 2

1. Psychomotor learning is learning that involves mental process which control muscular activity. A musical example would be having the students learn to follow beat and indicate changes in tempo through clapping, marching, or any other physical type movement.
2. Cognitive learning deals with acquisition of knowledge, such as learning elements of music, composers, style periods, and the different instruments. A musical example would be teaching the children 4/4 meter and may tell them that a quarter note gets one beat, half note gets 2 beats or dotted half gets three. But the children do not understand until the teacher puts it in musical experience such as have them march out the beats or clap them. Also, change different notes into pictures that would make it more fun. Something they understand, such as candy or shapes.
3. Affective learning is having a feeling response to music. Show the children to express a deeper feeling. For example, the students learn to flow and move to the melody of a certain song or experience through art or the different cultures of music.
4. The difference between teacher centered learning and child centered learning is that teacher centered is a lecturer who presents and explains the materials in class. Child centered is where the students are actively involved. For example, the teacher gives the studetns a problem that needs to be solved, the teacher lets them explore solutions on there own and then if they need help the teacher is there for assistance. Both approaches are usually use in the classroom.
5. My learning style I think is different then anyone elses. I am a slow learner sometimes. I tend to not understand if I am not given examples on the board or a less detailed explanation. WHen I learn the topics, subjects, or ideas need to be simple in order for me to comprehend sometimes. Also, I am a slow reader and tend to comprehend at a slower pace then most people. It takes me longer to do my homework then most, and seems like i always have a load on my shoulders. I am a hands on learner. I like to do activites and projects that have a connection with what we are learning in the classroom. I tend to catch on a little faster when I see an example or someone shows me. Visual Learner!!

1 comment:

  1. Very well done! Thank you for the specific and comprehensive answers throughout!

    ReplyDelete