About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Assignment #3

1. Long term goals are designed to assist the teacher in clearly specifying what is ultimately to be achieved in a learning environment. For example, students learn to appreciate certain types of music along with with developing and understanding musical skills. Short term goals often indicate what needs to be accomplished in a particular week or lesson. For example. using or learning certain instruments in class creating music together using solfege or singing certain songs for the approriate age.

2. Musical concepts are "a collection of experiences or ideas that are grouped together based on common properties. Musical concepts may include rhythm, melody, texture dynamics, tombre (tone color), and form.

3. Assessment focuses on progress made in singing and playing instruments. Three examples would be:
1. Is there a steady improvement in students' ability to sing on pitch and with good tone quality?
2. Can students physically execute duple and triple meter?
3. Are students able to satisfactorily accompany pieces using classroom instruments.

4. A possible sequence for writing a lesson plan would be the following 8 steps:
1. What is activity?
2. Whom is the lesson for?
3. What concepts do you want to teach?
4. What materials do you need?
5. What do you want to do?
6. How are you going to do it? a. Preliminary b. Main Content
7. How will you tie everything together? (closure)
8. Did you teach what you thought you were going to? (assessing both yourself and your students.)

5. Nine national standards in music education are:
1. Singing, along and with others, a varied repertoire of music
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
5. Reading and notating music
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
7. Evaluating music and musical performances
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture

6. Music is important in a child's education because children can learn through music. Not just musical concepts, but their ABC's, different states, or maybe mathematical skills. Children tend to remember concepts easier because they were taught with a song which triggers them to remember because it had a fun beat or rhythm to it. Children need music because it teaches them to be spontaneous and comfortable socially. They learn other kids names, or can play american idol with music. They come out of their comfort zone and have fun the way kids should. Also, children love to dance it gives them a sense of wildness. They will jump, skip, turn, or shake their hips because its fun and they can play around. The purpose of music is to not just musical concepts across but also historical, mathematical, social, and any other different concepts children can remember by singing that tune. How else do children remember their abc's? They sing the song and makes learning also fun. Learning is more exciting when your not just sitting, and music enhances children to want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment