About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Friday, September 18, 2009

1st Lesson Plan

Activity: Rock, Rock
Grade Level: 1st
National Standard(s):
-singing with others
-sharing with others
-understanding the relationship of the music, beats, names, and other skills outside of the song
Concepts:
Music: Rhythm
Non-Music: social skills, use of imagination, thought under pressure
Skills:
Music: Keeping rhythm with a rock
Non-Music: following directions, multi-tasking, moving, and listening
Objectives: Students will be able to
- Follow directions
- Work under pressure
- Sing and pass the rock to the beat of the music
- Learn others names
- Distinguish the difference of the notes
Materials:
-Rock (other props)
-empty space
- Chalk/White Board (writing utensil)
Procedure:
-welcome the class and introduce myself
-tell them to form a circle, stay standing.
- Then to sit down crossed legged
-tell the students the name of the song and sing it to them
-ask the children to pat the beat on their legs as you sing the song
- ask if they know what they’re patting (the beat)
- say the 1st phrase of the song and have them repeat it back to you
-say the 2nd phrase of the song and have them repeat it back to you (along with 1st)
-say the 3rd phrase of the song and have them repeat it back to you(along with 1st, 2nd)
-say the 4th phrase of the song and have them repeat it back to you (along with the whole song)
-keep repeating it so they remember the whole song
-add the melody to it and have the children sing the song
-add the patting of legs to the singing of the song
-ask for a volunteer in the middle . explain the concept of what the rock is going to do, and what the middle person is going to do.
-sing the song and pass the rock. Continue until everyone gets a chance in the middle. (if not ask them questions, to make them feel included)
Closure:
-question what the rock symbolizes (beat)
-what is the purpose of the song?)
-what happened to the rock when the middle person opened their eyes?
Assessment:
-visually: passing the rock at the same beat
-aurally: if they were singing the song and getting the beats
-verbally: if they were saying their peers names right

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job! I like very much how you put the instruction steps. Very thorough and easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete