Activity: Rock, Rock
Grade Level: 1st
National Standard(s):
-Singing with others
-Understanding the music, will help children learn other subjects in school such as math, social studies, and language arts.
Concepts:
Music: Rhythm
Non-Music: Social skills, use of imagination, thought under pressure
Skills:
Music: Keeping rhythm with a rock
Non-Music: Following directions, listening and moving
Objectives: Students will be able to
- Follow directions
- Work under pressure
- Sing and pass the rock to the musical beat
- Learning others names
Materials:
-Rock and other props if the time permits
-Empty space
Procedure:
-Welcome the class and introduce myself
-Tell them to form a circle and stay standing
- Then to sit down crossed legged
-Tell the students the name of the song and sing it to them
-Ask the children to pat the beat on their legs as I sing the song
- Direct children to stop patting while learning the lyrics to the song
-Teach the lyrics of the song in phases
- Say the 1st phrase of the song. Ask children to repeat
-Say the 2nd phrase of the song. (Along with the 1st) Ask children to repeat
-Say the 3rd phrase of the song. (Along with the 1st and 2nd) Ask children to repeat
-Say the 4th phrase of the song. (Along with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) Ask children to repeat
-Repeat the song again for repetition
-Add the patting of legs to the singing of the song
-Ask for a volunteer to sit in the middle and explain the concept of what the rock is going to do, and what the middle person is going to do.
- Explain what the volunteer will do to find the rock
-Sing the song and pass the rock. Continue until everyone gets a chance in the middle. (If not, ask questions about the song to make them feel included)
Closure: Ask the students to..
-Question what the rock symbolizes (Answer: beat)
-What is the purpose of the song? (Answer: rhythm)
-What happened to the rock when the middle person opened their eyes? (Answer: hidden)
Assessment: Were the students able to..
- Pass the rock at the same beat? (Visually)
- Sing the song and understand simultaneously the beats? (Aurally)
- Know their peers names? (Verbally)
About Me
- Victoria
- Richmond, IL
- Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment