Worksheet for Chapter 41.
What are the differences in vocal characteristics and abilities of children? Give examples that are age specific.
(1a)Preschool/Kindergarten (Ages 4 to 5),
(1b)their Vocal characteristics and abilities Song interests:
-voices are small and light.
-Children are generally unable to sing in tune
-singing range is D-A for most; D-D for some
-children can sing chants and easy tonal patters, short melodies in major, minor, and pentatonic scale, melodies with one note to a syllable, sing with an awareness of a steady beat, repeated rhythmic patterns accurately, softly and loudly and sing melodies with or without a simple accompaniment.
(1c)song interests: Children love songs that tell stories. Some examples would be Jack and Jill, Little Jack Horner, and Three Little Kittens Who lost their mittens.
(2a)Early primary(Ages 6 to 7 (first to second grades)),
(2b)their Vocal characteristics and abilities Song interests
-voices are light and high; few may be low
-many children are unable to sing in tune at age 6
-children can understand high and low pitches
-children can sustain a single pitch
-range expands from five to six consecutive pitches to a full octave
-understand the difference between playground shouting and singing voice
-being to understand the importance of breath in singing
-can sing melodies in major, minor, and pentatonic scales
-can sing call/response songs, as well as songs in two or three part form
-sing with attention to dynamics and changes in tempo
-can sing rhythmically, accenting strong beats and performing simple syncopation
-can sing from simple music notation
-can sing melodies with simple harmonic or rhythmic accompaniment
(2c)song interests:Children enjoys songs about animals, community, friends, action, pretending, and folk games from around the world.
(3a)Intermediate (Ages 8 to 9 (third to fourth graders)),
(3b)their Vocal characteristics and abilities Song interests
-most children can sing a song in tune
-girls voices continue to be very light and thin
-boys voices begin to develop the rich resonance of the mature boy soprano-alto voice
-some children can sing rounds, partner songs, canons, and descants.
-some children have much more control over expressive qualities of singing, for example, legato, dynamics, and sustained phrases
-some childre nare capable of singing melodies or parts from music notation
-some children can harmonize parts or chords by ear, such as thirds and sixths
-some children can sing songs with more complex rhythms.
(3c)song interests: Children enjoy songs about early america, transportation, geography, the circus, planets, and people and songs that express emotions.
(4a)Upper elementary(Ages ten to eleven (fifth to sixth graders)),
(4b)their Vocal characteristics and abilities Song interests
-unchanged voices remain clear and light; boys' voices become more resonant
-some children show greater ability to sing in two and three parts
-some children have a heightened rhythmic sense and respond to music with strong rhythms
-many children tend to imitate the quality and style of pop singers
-some voices behin to change-that is, boys' voices become lower, and girls' voices become very breathy
-some children can read simple music notation
(4c)song interests: Children enjoy songs related to adventure, work transportation, history, and feelings such as happiness, sadness and love, as well as songs from other cultures and countries.
2.List and explain the techniques for teaching children to sing.
Improving Posture
-upright position, shoulders erect, head up and spine straight.
Ask children to pull themselves up on a bar above their heads and relax. Then put your arms to your side.
Teaching Good Breathing habits to support the tone
-in order to match pitchs have the students sip air through a straw and release with a hissing sound keeping it steady.
-sip air through a straw and let it our with a high ooo sound, descending to a lower one.
-pretend that your finger is a lighted candle. fill your lunchs and blow gently so the flame flickers but doesnt go out.
Finding the Head Voice
-Children who cannot sing tune have a problem of unable to manipulate their voices. Have the children strengthen the concept of difference voices. Have them talk in whispering voices, talking low voice, talking high voice, yelling voice and singing voice.
Developing the Ability to Match Tones
-The ability to match tone is directly related to breathing techniques, ear training, a relaxed jaw, and singing with energy.
Developing the concepts of high and low
-use pictures by drawing pictures for low notes of their low and high notes if their high so they can follow how that if it is high they need to sing high. Also, if it gradually getting higher or lower, draw plants growing so they go step by step or plants dying.
Discovering Patterns
-you can use pictures for these as well, show the children different pictures of different patterns and show them how the different patterns work with the different songs.
About Me
- Victoria
- Richmond, IL
- Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment