About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Monday, November 9, 2009

assignment 9-worksheet chapter 7

1.Listed below are guidelines to help teachers generate ideas for students to learn musich through rhythmic bodily response activities.
-Keep movement within the skills and capabilities of the student. They can range from simple to complex. (Ex: use bilateral motions for young children.)
-Choose musical compositions that lend themselves, through text programmatic ideas, to interpretative movement. Be careful not to impose a story meaning on a simple melody.
-Plan movements so that they flow freely from one to another
-Plan movements carefully. Sometimes children will improvise movement as a part of the learning process, whereas at other times you will want them to follow a planned pattern of movements.
-Ask children to help decided on appropriate interpretative movements and to chart them with stick figures and captions to give specific directions, along with the text of the song( if there is any).
-Make sure children learn each movement well; children must concentrate on the interpretation and not on “what do I do next?”
-Be sensitive to children’s ages. Do not choose a movement that will be awkward or embarrassing to them.
-For performance experiences, you may wish to use simple costumes.
-Emphasize important words or syllables. You may choose to do the movement on a strong beat or on a particular word.
-Enhance the rhythm of the song with coordinated movement (that is, everyone doing the same thing at the same time.
2. Locomotor means to move from one place to another, whereas non-locomotr means to move within a stationary position.
3. The four stages in developing body awareness are :
1. movement as an expression of problem solving
2. movement as an expression of imagery
3. movement with no external beat
4. movement to a beat with a sense of timing
4. Musical concepts that can be taught through movement activities are:
-use the whole body; involving the large muscle groups, ensures a more vivid realization of rhythmic experience than does the more customary use of the extremities.
-The physical coordination developed in the well-directed rhythm class give the individual power to control his or her movements in related activities.
-Bodily movement acts as a reference for the interpretation of rhythm symbols, which become truly significant when learned as the result of a vital rhythmic experience.
-Children develop habits of listening as they engage in the process of identifying what they hear with what they do.
-Body, mind, and emotion are integrated in rhythmic expression.
-The freedom of expression that is cardinal principle in eurhythmics stimulates the creative impulse in every department of music learning.
5. I chose the lesson based on dynamics because it is important for children to distinguish between loud and soft, the amount of energy given during certain parts of songs, and how fast or slow to go. A lesson for grades Kindergarten to 3rd grade would be to play a song like “shout”. And for every loud part draw a big a circle and for every softer part draw a smaller circle as the song gets quieter.

No comments:

Post a Comment