About Me

Richmond, IL
Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Journal #4

1. In this unit, I have learned about binary form, about specific notes, and how instruments enhance story telling. I have learned binary form, which means there are two parts of a song. Usually an A part and then a B part. There could also be a rounded binary form meaning ABA. The A part comes first and then the B part, but after the B part, A comes around again. If you think of it, it is like a song you would hear on a radio. A would be the chorus or something because it would always get repeated. Also, I learned more specifically about notes. Meaning that I never really knew what a dotted quarter note was, or dotted half note. I learned the beats and how we find the beats to the notes. So, it gives me a better understanding of note value. Finally, I realized and learned how instruments enhance story telling a lot in classrooms. It shows children that there is more than one way to tell a story. It also gives them a sense of sight or hearing if an instrument is being played on that part.

2. In this unit, these concepts were taught to me by having them being instructed toward us. Having the instructor teach them on the board and give a lesson about the meanings toward each concept. Also, by reading them in packets or books, they give a definition or some knowledge on how instruments can enhance learning and always give you notes to songs. Another and the last way I have learned these concepts are by having the concepts demonstrated. Instead of just teaching us, we have had them demonstrated for us and we have demonstrated the activities ourselves so we understand the meaning of every concept.

3. I believe it is important to learn about these different skills or concepts because we need to have an understanding of different ways to teach children. Sometimes, children may not understand something the way you taught it, so you always find an alternative way. So having all these different methods of teaching is vital to becoming a teacher. I also think that different way to enhance story telling is great because some kids could be bad at reading, singing or playing instruments, so giving children options is always fun too because it helps the children gain decision making.

4. I think it is important for children to learn these concepts and skills because as a stated above going along with this question, children have different options to choose from. Children love to have options of choosing an instrument or singing. Also, learning about binary form I think helps kids to understand music or even just the songs. Following along helps them. I also feel it is important for children to learn these because overall it gives them a better understanding of music and storytelling all in one lesson. Shows them that reading can be fun and learning can be a great time, but they have to understand it as well to have fun.


latin culture---mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment