1.)1. Melody
Melodic instruments: recorder, melody bells, xylophone, and glockenspiel
2.Harmony and melody
Harmonic instruments: guitar, autoharp, and Q-chord
3.rhythm; theyre divided into woods, metals, and skins
Percussion instruments:drums, tambourines, claves, and triangles
2.) The musical concepts students will gain would be steady beat, differences in dynamics, musical form, and pitch and melody.
3.) If i were teaching a lesson I would choose melody. Melody i think is easy for children to learn. The song I would choose would be Jolly Old Saint Nicholas. I would have a few students play with the recorders, other play with some different bells such as hand and step. I would play piano to help out the recorders and the bells keep instruments. One more thing i would have some of the children play would be to sing. Some students liek singing then playing instruments. After going through, we will change parts and have each children play a different instrument to see what they like to do. The concept of this would be to learn how to use the different instruments and play all at the same time. Learning about different parts of the song. Also, I would ask questions such as if they know who Old Saint Nicholas is and why he is called that. Give them an understanding of christmas and what its all about.
About Me
- Victoria
- Richmond, IL
- Hello There! I am a sophomore at NIU. I am majoring in Elmentary Education. I am currtently in the Delta Zeta sorority. I couldn't ask for better sisters. I have two brothers and a sister, biologically. I love monkeys, and cannot live without chocolate. I played basketball for 6 years and in chorus for 6 and half years prior to college. I have participated in solo and ensemble, big northern festival,and went to other schools and sang with my group. I love to sing especially country music. I like all different types though. I also like going home and hanging out with my friends. I am very into trucks, four wheeling, mudding, truck pulls, or just cruisin around. I can be one of the guys, but I do like to occasionally shop, scrapbook, read, tan and spend time outdoors. I like a little bit of everything or can get interested in just about anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job! I like your activity. Jingle bell sound is the perfect match for Christmas! It's easy for children to associate with! It's also very nice that you will incorporate some history/cultural background about Saint Nicholas. Exactly the purpose of this course...
ReplyDelete